Lawyers meeting regarding lawsuitA family member passes away, and they are involved in a lawsuit or their estate needs to sue someone.  What are the steps they need to take to file such suit?  The deceased person’s estate must be probated.  Probate appoints a representative for the estate, called the executor or administrator.  This person can then legally step into the shoes of the deceased person and file suit against another party.

Colin Smith
North Texas Estate Planning & Probate Attorney